Sellable is the only real estate company in Australia that offers the vendor an upfront payment for their home within days while letting them participate in any upside.
Founded in 2015 and backed by industry leaders Ray White and LJ Hooker, we have raised a total of $12m in funding.
Our team has been involved in some of the most successful startups in Australia such as Spreets, Airtasker, MadPaws, and many more.
We love our work, getting stuff done and having a good time doing it. You will be working directly with our Head of Operations.
We are looking for an experienced finance gun who will help us to achieve our milestones to make Sellable the company we know it can be. You will be driving our finance strategy from start to finish. Working with the CEO, you will be responsible for negotiating, scaling, and managing our debt facilities which are essential to Sellable’s growth. You will be heavily involved in overseeing Sellable’s budget, financial planning and cash management. Talking to and negotiating with banks and other financial institutions or partners is what you do and love. You also have the confidence and experience to provide an objective risk assessment of financial and property-related matters discussed with senior management. But you are not a single-minded finance nerd – you are happy to get your hands dirty, have a passion for home renovation and real estate, are thirsty to learn new skills and do whatever is needed to make Sellable a success.
We love to innovate, solve problems and try out new approaches and ideas, so that should be something you enjoy, too. You will also need excellent communication skills to deal with a variety of projects and stakeholders.
- Assist in approaching partners for new facilities
- Negotiate terms for new and existing relationships and facilities
- Manage funding partner relationships, including determining and overseeing operational processes and documentation with each
- Be the risk champion — The buck stops at you, you are setting parameters for our debt facilities, measure our risk and keep us on track
- Provide an assessment of risk on individual properties and valuations attributed
- Optimising landing pages, sales funnels and viral features
Reporting, Forecasting & Budgeting
- Forecast borrowing needs and available funds for investment
- Develop an annual budget and track progress against it
- Prepare general financial reports and dashboards for the CEO and Board
Legal & Compliance
- Preparing legal documents, liaising with law firms on contract changes for finance partners but also making sure our customer contracts are maintained and updated
- Be on top of regulations, making sure Sellable is following lending, real estate and any other regulation we might touch
Our Ideal Candidate
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of experience in corporate financial management, 2+ years of which are in property-related industries
- Proficient with financial software systems
- Proven working knowledge of property & banking industry rules and regulations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in property banking is important
- An understanding of property valuations and risk assessment would be considered an advantage
- Relationships to potential financial debt partners and banks is a benefit
- Positive team player with a friendly and professional attitude
- Give support in other areas. We are all here to get done what needs to get done. So rest assured, you won’t be bored
- Have fun and make it fun – we do love a laugh
You made it this far, want to know if you would fit in with the Sellable team?
- If you're the kind of person who enjoys seeing something grow really quickly, and loves having a huge impact on what you are working on, then you are at the right spot. We've got huge plans and we need you to get there!
- You love learning from the people around you and love teaching them something new as well
- You enjoy working with a young, passionate and driven team that has experience in a whole lot of different areas.
Please send your CV, a brief cover letter to us, and we will be in touch.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and have Australian residency or a valid work permit.